Position: New Media / Advocacy Coordinator
Organization: Center for International Policy, Global Financial Integrity
Location: Washington, D.C.
Date posted: 08/12/2011
CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL POLICY, GLOBAL FINANCIAL INTEGRITY
NEW MEDIA / ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
New Media / Advocacy Coordinator
Employer: Global Financial Integrity
Application Deadline: Sept 2, 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: $35,000 per year
Benefits: Full Health Benefits for Single Person, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation, 13 Paid Holidays per Year
Reports to: Communications Director
About Global Financial Integrity
Global Financial Integrity (GFI) is a research and advocacy organization, which fights the massive outflow of capital from developing economies by working to curtail international money-laundering, tax evasion, and corruption. An estimated $850 to $1,060 billion or more flows illicitly out of poor countries every year – 10 times the amount of foreign aid these countries receive from Western economies. These illicit financial flows forestall economic growth and good governance in poor countries and threaten the security of rich countries. By reducing the flow of illicit capital, additional funds will be available for investment in developing nations, which—in turn—will create greater opportunities for development.
In January 2009, GFI launched the Task Force on Financial Integrity and Economic Development (Task Force). The Task Force is a unique global coalition of civil society organizations and more than 50 governments working together to improve transparency and accountability in the global financial system.
About the New Media / Advocacy Coordinator Position
Global Financial Integrity and the Task Force on Financial Integrity & Economic Development are looking to hire a full-time New Media / Advocacy Coordinator. The position is based in Washington, D.C. and will report to the Communications Director. The starting salary is $35,000, it includes 2 weeks paid vacation on top of 13 paid holidays per year, and GFI will provide full health benefits for a single person.
· Managing the online presence of GFI and the Task Force;
· Maintaining and updating two websites (gfip.org and financialtaskforce.org);
· Managing the Task Force blog – includes soliciting, writing, editing, and publishing original content;
· Managing multiple social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) accounts for both GFI and the Task Force;
· Managing email marketing and newsletter communications with supporters;
· Coordinating the grassroots/online advocacy operations for GFI and the Task Force;
· Working closely with the Communications Director and the Director of Government Affairs to generate and execute advocacy campaigns;
· Creating, managing, and executing online petitions, LTE and ‘write your congressman’ campaigns;
· Working closely with partner NGOs on advocacy coalition campaigns;
· Managing online fundraising efforts;
· Assisting the Communications Director with traditional press outreach;
· Fact checking and copy-editing press releases, op-eds, blogs and LTEs;
· Occasionally drafting press releases, op-eds and LTEs;
· Overseeing the compilation and dissemination of the daily press clips and GFI’s daily news digest email;
· Updating/maintaining the press and media contact lists;
· Laying out press materials as needed; and
· Supervising communications interns.
· 4 year Bachelor’s degree;
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office;
· Expert internet skills and intuition;
· Expert English verbal and writing skills;
· Experience working with the press and the blogosphere;
· Familiarity with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and/or other CMS;
· Advanced Adobe Photoshop skills and a familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite;
· Experience managing organizational Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts;
· Ability to learn things extremely quickly;
· Team player who can work in a fast-paced environment;
· Flexibility and dedication;
· Appreciation for image, branding, and aesthetic; and
· Interest in international and economic policy and a commitment to helping developing countries.
· Strong Adobe Illustrator and InDesign skills;
· Experience working with HootSuite, Google Analytics;
· Experience working with Salsa Labs (or other online advocacy tool suite);
· Experience managing Facebook and Google Ads;
· Graphic design skills; and
· Knowledge of a foreign language (particularly French, Spanish or German) is a bonus.
Please email a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and 1-2 writing samples to Clark Gascoigne, email@example.com, with the subject line "New Media / Advocacy Coordinator." Application deadline is September 2, 2011. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, visit www.gfip.org or www.financialtaskforce.org.
Global Financial Integrity (GFI), the Task Force on Financial Integrity and Economic Development (the Task Force) and their parent organization, the Center for International Policy (CIP), are equal opportunity employers. It is GFI’s, the Task Force’s and CIP’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for professional advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, gender identity, parental status or disability.